acachat.comACA Meetings, Resources, and Recovery Chat for all.
How Meetings Work
- We try to mimic face to face meetings as much as possible.
- There will be a chairperson guiding the meeting. They will post information about the meetings and protocol - it's important to get to the meeting on time to see this.
- During a topic meeting, the chair may request topics if there is no predetermined topic.
- After the meeting gets going, the chairperson will ask for shares.
- We share one at a time. We request to share by "raising our hand" (post a "!"), and the chairperson will then call on us to share.
- When we are finished sharing, we type "done" or "pass." This keeps the meeting moving smoothly.
- We do not interrupt the meeting or the chairperson.
- To chat privately with someone without interrupting the meeting, click on the person's name in the name list.
- Meetings generally last approximately an hour.